I read a lot of blogs. I’ve found a nice variety of niches, topics, bloggers. I try to check in with the blogs that I’m subscribed to every few days. And through Twitter, I happen upon so many more. To choose five favourites would be impossible. Each blog has its own distinct flavour. It wouldn’t be fair to compare them.
Maybe I should go into what I like about the blogs that capture my attention. I love:
- The engaging personality of the blogger! Huge win, every time.
- Bloggers who dive into their comment sections and chat with everybody. I’ve seen bloggers only respond to certain people in their comment threads. Repeatedly. Not cute.
- Humour, humour, humour!
- Captivating blog design, from the font to the colours to the whitespace free of clutter that I adore so much.
- When the blogger is also an amateur photographer who takes breathtaking photos. You know, the calibre of photos that could be an entire blog post with few words because they’re that phenomenal? Extra points if there’s a furry critter in the shot.
- Sophisticated writing.
- Any blog that is as obsessed with memes and GIFs as I am.
- Paranormal blogs. Wish I could find more of them. Currently only subscribed to one. I’m open to suggestions. Let me know in the comments.
- Writing prompts. Start one and I’ll be all over your blog.
- Small blogs that don’t fit into a niche. I wish there was a larger, more visible community of us. Maybe I should start a Facebook group called, “For the Lonely Niche-less Hobby Blogger”? I’m copyrighting that.