Given the global economic climate, I need to know exactly what this imaginary jackpot is worth before I start to fake buy my heart’s desires. Is this lottery bigger than the USD$9.1 million that Mr. Adjo promised me??? Cause I haven’t seen a penny of that money yet.
Seriously though, to win the lottery, I’d have to play. With confidence, I vow to buy a ticket or two the next time the jackpot climbs to a crazy no-one-person-can-spend-all-that-money amount. I never do because my brain is wired to forget when the numbers for the lotto are drawn.
However, should my as yet unknown great-uncle decide to bequeath me his riches instead of leaving it all to his pet parrot (I have a whole backstory, y’all), I’d:
- retire from anything I consider to be working for the man.
- put aside a portion of my winnings to secure the financial future of my family.
- extend a helping hand to people, charities, NGOs so that others could benefit from my windfall too.
- take care of elephants.
- buy that cottage by the sea.
- have the world’s most magical library.
- buy a Range Rover.
- travel everywhere.
- hire a celebrity trainer to get my butt to look like it did when I was 20.
Clearly, I ain’t cut out for the life of the rich and soon to be bankrupt. I have a paltry list of ten things that I’d do if I had more money than I could count. Shouldn’t I have included a tiara or a bikini covered in Swarovski crystals??
What would you do if you won the lottery?